Wednesday, August 2, 2023

long overdue update

 It has been a while since my last update. Just seem to lose track of time. My book has now been available to buy on Amazon for a year and a day. (meant to post this yesterday) Slowly but surely sales are ticking over with 462 in total. However the spark has yet to ignite and the dream of being contacted by an interested agent still hasn't happened. Whilst sales are still happening there is still hope.

I have decided to invest a little of my earnings by paying for a consultation with a company that deals with self-publishing. I need to find ways to reach a wider audience as the majority of my sales have still come through a small target audience. This is namely the people I engage with on Facebook and Twitter. The appointment is in a couple of weeks. 

Reviews are still very positive, 61 in total at present and 70% of them are five star reviews. This keeps me going and helps me to remain positive in relation to attracting an agent. 

As suspected, I still have not got around to buying the self-publishing book and do not really follow the chap I started to follow at the start of this journey. 

Will update after my professional consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

long overdue update

 It has been a while since my last update. Just seem to lose track of time. My book has now been available to buy on Amazon for a year and a...