Wednesday, July 20, 2022

There is no such thing as a free course


 I have started the course above and yes it has been a positive experience in the main but as expected also a couple of negatives along the way. Firstly, as I do not own a 'Kindle', and yes I get the irony, I cannot download the free stuff which is part of the course.

 I feel I am okay with photoshop and as I want to drive costs down to a minimum at this stage, I am in the process of designing a fuller book cover so that I can upload a print version to my Amazon account. this will hopefully allow for other people without a 'Kindle' to buy the book. Obviously David recommends having somebody professional design the cover as they may well be able to create something that will appeal more to the target audience of the work. Costs will always be a factor in this process, especially at this early stage.

David also talks about creating mailing lists and connecting with readers but not sure how to achieve this yet, hopefully it will be explained in more detail further along the course. I am already aware that very soon I will need to create a Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram account, along with learning how to use them effectively.

One issue, not with the course directly but still an issue all the same, is finding the time to devote all the recommendations to my work or 'product' as it is now called. This process would be wonderful for somebody with the finances behind them and therefore do not have to hold down a full-time job. 

Next stage for me is to look at advertising on Amazon and other author / book related sites. It looks promising as you can create an account and set your own budget. Being a working father of two, I do not have an endless supply of money to throw at this, but will see what it costs and will update my spending in my next post. I have a budget of around £500, which is not that bad, I hope but still need to try and spend it as wisely as possible. I haven't purchased the bock yet that I mentioned in my last post. I can also buy the books that are free in digital form on this course but am just waiting to complete the course first. As mentioned there is  no point overloading the in-tray with stuff to do and not having the time to do it. 

I will post again once I have completed the course and invested some of my funds in advertising the product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

long overdue update

 It has been a while since my last update. Just seem to lose track of time. My book has now been available to buy on Amazon for a year and a...